Thursday, January 20, 2011

We're back!









Hi Everyone. Wow, how time has flown by us. We just realized that we haven't posted since May. Well...one of our New Year's resolutions is to post each week to our Food Gals blog.

I took a moment to go through our files and post some images of foods we have especially enjoyed since our last post. In no particular order, you'll find the following images (top to bottom):
1. Duck fat French fries from Hot Doug's in Chicago. Decadent and delicious.
2. Ham and cheese quiche. Over the holidays, we served a quite a few of these delights that the Mother (Christine Lemley) made.
3. German's chocolate cake a la Sam. When I was little, my mother and I would make this cake from scratch for special events. This is one that I made using the new blender I received for Christmas. It had been so long since we had a cake made from scratch that we had forgotten how different they are in texture and taste. We won't go back.
4. Foie gras a la the Mother. For Christmas, Alexa gave her mom a foie gras. The Mother marinated this one for several days. It was perfect.
5. Eggs Benedict at Proof on Main in Louisville. For Mother's Day, the Mother enjoyed this yummy dish.
6. Wilted spinach salad a la Betty Aulick. My step-mother is known for her salad with warm bacon dressing. My dad grows the spinach and onions in his garden. It's good.

I think this is a good representation of the variety of foods we eat. In our tastes, we're pretty eclectic. Stay tuned for more reports and photos from my iPhone.

Yum!
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment